Sunday, May 17, 2009

Orange Butter Cake

I missed out on a training session this afternoon (Sunday) just because I was informed by My Man that he will be meeting me.
However, I waited the whole afternoon just for My Man to turn up. So instead of waiting and missing out on my training, I baked a cake.
For years, whenever I baked a cake or made any cookies, my cake mixer will never let me down. And yet, today, it was just not my day. I have a year-old cake mixer, ARIETE.


And while beating the butter and sugar, one of the twin beaters broke into half **sob sob**.



My cake's half beaten, luckily I still have my "old" KENWOOD cake-mixer with me which has been with me for years, eventhough i have changed the mixing bowl 3 times **heehee**



My "old" cake mixer to the rescue and my Orange Butter Cake made it to the oven successfully.



Ingredients:

225g butter
220g castor sugar

4 eggs, separated

275g self-raising flour

100ml orange juice and rind from 2-3 oranges


Beat butter & sugar (180g) until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks one at a time. Add flour to the mixture followed by orange rind and juice alternatively.

In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with a pinch of tartar till foamy. Add remaining 40g sugar and continue beating till firm. Fold into the batter and mix well.


Pour mixture into a greased and lined 9" square pan, bake in preheated oven of 180C for 40 mins or until skewer comes out clean.


*The cake has a great orange flavour and moist but not the fluffy type.


















No comments: